Wednesday 1 February 2012

Batam Island

On Monday we went on a ferry to Batam Island in Indonesia. It's about 35 minutes from Singapore. It was really cool there and we spent lots of time swimming in the pools.  One part was really deep and it just dropped quickly.  I loved it! We went to another pool and Mum lost her earring so I had to find it for. There was a huge jetty there and we went on it but could only go half way only because it was closed.  There were hammocks there and we spent lots of time playing on the beach.  We stayed in an old Indonesian hut and we had mosquito nets around our beds. I really liked it at Batam and wish I could go back there! 





2 comments:

  1. Batam Island looks like a fun place. You must be able to swim really well now. How is Lachlan going ? Is he swimming better with all that practice. When I was a little girl I had a mosquito net on my bed too.

    Love Nan G and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going great with my swimming, especially freestyle. Lachlan is getting a bit better but we are going to have lessons soon.
    That's great that you had a mosquito net, I kind of wish we had one on our bed all the time.
    Love
    Arlyn

    ReplyDelete