Wednesday 11 January 2012

Jewels, beads and Arab St!

We went to a great street today called Arab Street. It has lots of little shops. There were shops with beads, trinkets and fabrics.  With my pocket money I got to buy an insect set in a glass diamond. 
Beads from Arab Street

We also bought some beads, Mum bought a fan and Lachlan bought a quacker (the ones they use on the Aqua Duck). 

Interesting Fact (from Mum) - there are only 500 Arab families now left in Singapore.  The Arabs used to own most of the country.
This is my friend Evan from school!
Timmy is in the middle! 
I got to skype my friend Evan today. It was very nice to talk to him and he showed me nearly all of is DVD's that he had.  He told me lots about his holidays. 
From Lachlan - I want to say a special Happy 5th Birthday to my friend Tim back in Brisbane. I wish I could be with you! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arlyn and Lachlan love the souvenirs you and mummy bought. It must have good to talk to Evan and catch up on what he's been up to.

    Nan G and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlyn, it was really great to talk to you. I cant wait to do it again. I loved how your dad put the computer out the window to show me the pool and I loved seeing your puppet. The bug in the diamond is so awesome. Are you going to do some craft with the beads? Bye Evan.

    ReplyDelete